The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for coordinated bombings in Sri Lanka which killed 321 people and injured about 500 others, the group’s AMAQ news agency said on Tuesday.
Though, the IS did not give evidence for its claim.
On Easter Sunday, a string of eight devastating blasts rocked three churches and three hotels in Sri Lanka.
The blasts targeted St Anthony's Church in Colombo, St Sebastian's Church in the western coastal town of Negombo and another church in the eastern town of Batticaloa.
Three explosions were reported from the five-star hotels including the Shangri-La, the Cinnamon Grand and the Kingsbury in Colombo.
Earlier on Tuesday, while addressing the Parliament, the Sri Lankan Defence Minister Ruwan Wijewardene said that the Easter Sunday attacks that have killed over 321 people were carried out by local extremists as a retaliation to the Christchurch mosque attacks in New Zealand. The Defence Minister added that the intelligence on the attacks was received beforehand but it was never passed onto the Prime Minister or the Defence Minister or even acted upon.