Reliance Industries arm Jio fibre assets to receive $1 bn investments from Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Saudi's PIF

Business
Typography

The investments from ADIA and PIF are expected to Rs 3,779 crore each to acquire a total 51 percent in Digital Fibre Infrastructure Trust 

Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries (RIL) is expected to receive $1 billion investments from Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) and Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) in its arm Digital Fibre Infrastructure Trust , the infrastructure investment trust (InvIT) set up to monetise its fibre optic network assets, said a news report.

It may be noted that RIL's retial arm Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd raised Rs 37,710 crore from leading global investors including Silver Lake, KKR, General Atlantic, Mubadala, GIC, TPG and ADIA in less than four weeks.

The investments from ADIA and PIF are expected to Rs 3,779 crore each ($506 million) to acquire a total 51 percent in Digital Fibre Infrastructure Trust (DFIT) , said a report in The Economic Times. The Various Reliance firms, which are also investing around $1 billion in DFIT, will hold the remaining 49 percent in the entity.

Of the total investments by various Reliance Industries entities, Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings Ltd (RIIHL) will invest $300 million as trust sponsor while $650-675 million will be invested by various entities of Reliance and the Ambani family office, the report said.

A report said that DFIT has plans to raise Rs 14,700 crore by issuing 1.47 billion units, priced at Rs 100 a piece to investors through a private placement, said a report in Mint. It also aims to raise Rs 25,000 crore through a loan from group companies as part of reducing debts and fund business expansion, according to the filing to the Securities and Exchange Board of India.

Image credit: Nairametrics

All Comments