YSR congress president Jagan Mohan Reddy moves Hyderabad HC for independent probe

Andhra Pradesh

HYDERABAD: YSR Congress president and Opposition Leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Wednesday moved Hyderabad High Court seeking an investigation by a central agency into the attack on him at the Visakhapatnam airport on October 25.


Through his writ petition, he made it clear that he had no faith in the ongoing inquiry by Special Investigation Team of the Andhra Pradesh government.

The petition named Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu, Andra Pradesh DGP, Principal Secretary Home Department, SIT in charge, ACP and Airport security in charge. 

The petitioner blamed that the police are in a hurry to investigate and forgotten the conspiracy angle.

Through his petition, he blamed of various wrongful actions by the DGP of the state and assistant commissioner of police, North division, Visakhapatnam city.

“Within an hour of the attack occurring, the DGP of the state addressed a press conference and stating that the assailant was a fan of YSR Congress party and he done this for seeking publicity,” Reddy said in a statement.

He also slammed the AP government presided over by Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu through his petition.

“The CM addressed a press conference on the same day and stating that the attack was an orchestrated to defame the government”, Reddy said.

The Court is expected to take up the case for hearing on Thursday.

The 45-year-old YSR Congress leader Reddy attacked by Srinivas, an airport canteen employee and received a cut on his left shoulder. He was provided first aid at the airport lounge and the wound was not life-threatening.  He was on his way to Hyderabad when this incident happened. 

According to the reports, the attacker was allegedly entered the VIP lounge to serve tea and approached Mr Reddy, who was sitting with his supporters, claiming he wanted a selfie with him. When the politician obliged, Sriniwas allegedly pretended to take a picture and then struck him with the knife.

The attacker was immediately taken into custody by the security officials and handed over to police.

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Rating 0.00 (0 Votes)

Sign up via our free email subscription service to receive notifications when new information is available.

Follow us on Facebook