HYDERABAD: A major fire broke out at the exhibition grounds and more than 100 stalls were gutted at Nampally on Wednesday night.
According to the report from the officials, around 35,000 people have visited the stalls on that day and at least two persons were admitted to a hospital due to suffocation.
While the losses incurred in property are yet to be estimated.
Based on the preliminary information, the blaze might have started due to short-circuit at a private bank's stall which spread to nearby areas.
Fire came under control after a dozen fire tenders and water tankers were deployed to douse the flame.
The teams of disaster response force of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation were also pressed into service.
Telangana Home Minister Mohammed Mahmood Ali said there was no loss of life and a thorough inquiry would be conducted into the matter.
Many of them businessmen said, they suffered a heavy loss of property due to the fire, claimed they had taken loans to set up the stalls and demanded the government to extend financial assistance.
“No casualties have been reported. The huge property has been gutted in the fire. We will conduct a survey on the loss and help the stall owners”, Mohammed Mahmood Ali said.
“The visitors were safely evacuated in a coordinated manner and the situation is under control now”, GHMC Commissioner Dana Kishore said.
Mahmood Ali, GHMC Mayor B Rammohan, Kishore along with senior officials from police and other departments were present at the spot and monitored rescue operations.
The 45-day All-India industrial exhibition popularly called 'Numaish' started on January 1.
With inputs from ANI, PTI